3rd of July tournament day!
On Sunday the 3rd of July we will be hosting a Youth Mixed Tournament followed by a Senior Mixed Tournament in gym De Hongerman from 11:00 until 19:00. Players who would like to participate during this day are asked to sign up for the tournament through the form at the bottom of this page at most 3 days prior to the 3rd of July. That way the organization can make team-rosters in a timely manner.
For the Youth Mixed Tournament:
Teams will be made to play games of 5 on 5 half court. Each team will consist of players from different age categories and each team will also have 1 senior member participating. The senior members per team will also be the referees of the game and they will be playing at all times. A game will take 10 minutes of continuous time and there are some different rules concerning the scoring:
– Each score from a player who played for u8 this season will count for 6 points.
– Each score from a player who played for u10 this season will count for 4 points.
– Each score from a player who played for u12 this season will count for 3 points.
– Each score from a player who played for u14 this season will count for 2 points.
– Each score from a player who played for u16 this season will count for 1 point.
– Each score from a player who played for the Senior teams this season will count for 0 points.
The Youth Mixed Tournament will last from 11:00 up until 14:00. After 14:00 the Senior Mixed Tournament starts.
For the Senior Mixed Tournament:
During the Senior Mixed Tournament, teams will be made of around 4 players per team. Each round a team of 4 will be combined with another team of 4 to face the combination of 2 other teams in a 5-on-5 match-up. Each round will last 25 minutes of continuous time.
The Senior Mixed Tournament will also be the last workshop for up and coming referees of the referee course that we have hosted in the past couple of months in collaboration with BAL from Weert and the Venlo Sport Crusaders. These players will be the referees for the Senior Mixed Tournament. The board would like to ask every participant to respect the fact that these players are rounding off their course and to consider the light-hearted spirit of the day.
The Senior Mixed Tournament will take place from 14:00 up until 19:00 with 11 playing rounds where each team will play ~7 games.